Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wake up!!!!

We had another great market yesterday. The local news came out to film the un-tainted tomatoes at the stand next to us. If you ask me, it's pretty sad that it takes a nation-wide salmonella outbreak to get the local news folk interested in a farmer's market, but hey -- they were there.

The Saturday market runs from 8am to noon. But as many of you have come to learn, the Blue Heron Farm booth really only runs from 8 to about 9:30, at which point the last container of cheese gets tucked into one lucky customer's bag.

People...we are a farm, not a factory. And our cheese -- and this is not just me saying this, it's all the people who woke up before you did -- is really, really good. We sell out every week and no matter how much we bring, it pretty much sells out at some point in the nine o'clock hour. You have to start getting to the market early to get our cheese.

This has been a public service announcement from bosslady@blueherontexas.com

4 comments:

Maggie Kattan said...

Lisa,
We love your cheese but for now only our lucky daughter gets to savor it.

We know what it feels like to get to your stand on Saturday morning at 8:59 am and hear you say "Guys I am out of cheese". It hurts!

We are quick learners, yesterday we were up and at 'em early.

Keep up the great work.

BTW, I admire your journalistic dedication. 5:09am? We city folk have to be waken up abruptly by the relentless alarm clock to be up and ready for Sunday lunch.

Have a great week.

Blue Heron Farm said...

Ha! I think I need to learn to set the clock. I, for sure, was not awake at 5:09. As I like to say, "We aren't those kind of farmers" - I probably posted that at 7:00. I'll see if I can fix that.

Blue Heron Farm said...

Fixed it -- I had it set as Pacific Time. ...maybe I should have left it -- makes us look more industrious. ;)

Maggie Kattan said...

You had me fooled! :)
Talk to you later, I am trying to update my blog.