Thursday, June 19, 2008

I don't think Peep Peep is going to make it. :(

Peep Peep - who my nieces named Woody this morning - is not looking good. I don't think he is going to make it through the night. :(

We are not sure he's eating and drinking. Though I did see him peck at feed this morning, I don't know if he's actually eaten any. Or enough, anyway. Poor Woody.

Christian gave him water from a syringe tonight, but again, it really doesn't look good. We're not terribly surprised, but it is disappointing. Sigh. Maybe next year.

Good night, Peep Peep.

Edited at 10:30 ... Wood Peep is gone. :( We think the stress of being alone in a box might have just been too much. I can't believe how bummed I am over a little bird. I think it's probably because I got so excited when he just appeared. I was completely exhilarated that morning. It just seemed like magic.

Sometimes farming is hard.

1 comment:

Jules_Hootie said...

Boss Lady, I understand your pain. I had a baby male bluejay for a week or so and he did not make it. I still remember the pain of loosing him...