Saturday, June 6, 2009

Because we don't have enough to do around here....

Yesterday evening we found Grumpy crouched in the driveway, being harassed by a couple of mockingbirds. It was another chance for me to assume there was something dead.

Turns out -- again -- I was wrong. It was something alive. But 20 feet below its nest. I guess Grumpy was just watching it for us.

We are now hand-raising a baby mockingbird who Christian named Tequila. (Get it?) Because, you know we have so much free time around here. *roll eyes*

I admit - the pathetic-ness of this little guy has won me over.

2 comments:

x o x o u i said...

Off topic question: what kind of camera do you use? And: when are you going to put out a BHF Calendar with all these sickeningly cute pics??! Example: http://www.lulu.com/content/lulustudio-calendar/totally-toby-2009/4741621 (Toby is my favourite cat of all the iLind.net cats.)

Blue Heron Farm said...

We've got a digital Canon Rebel.

That Toby is very Pumpkin-esque. :) That Lulu looks pretty cool. I will have to investigate further. In the meantime, I'll send YOU all the photos you want to MYO calendar. ;)