Friday, August 7, 2009

Things that make me smile

Some things force me to smile no matter how awful I am feeling. Baby goats jumping around is one. No sadness is immune to the power of jumpy kids.

Nightshift's extra toes are another.



Most Great Pyrenees have the double dewclaw. Trudy is a cross, so she only has one. Nightshift has them on both back feet. And she has more than just the toenail. There is a whole, big floppy toe attached. It is so cute, I can't not smile.

We are having a tough adjustment to the new household dynamic, but are working it out. I will just have to spend extra time looking at toes for a while.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Phoebe has big floppy double dew claws on her back feet! I love them, they are unique and something that her father gave her...like you they make me smile!