Monday, August 24, 2009

Patty update

Well, the massage seems to REALLY help Patty's knee. I am floored by the change it makes in her ability to use the leg properly. Today we even caught her running with the herd to flee the neighbors' dogs. (On their own side of the fence. Stupid goats.)

The one thing we're still waiting to see about is the joint supplement. I did all this research on MSM, went to get some and then accidentally brought home some made from beef tallow. Total no-no, feeding ruminants to ruminants. I had no idea there was even such a thing as animal-based MSM. I guess my research was incomplete. We'll go find a ruminant-suitable version soon. I don't know if it will really help, but I figure it can't hurt.

Oh - and we've been putting put a heat wrap on her knee while she's on the milkstand. It looks every bit as ridiculous as it sounds. I'll try to get a photo.

So, for the short term, I feel pretty good about our ability to help manage the pain. She's not ever going to be "normal", but I do think we can keep her feeling well enough to keep her going.

Sigh.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter to get Online medicine store from Dose Pharmacy medicine.