Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Understanding Vera

Today Vera - the grey duck in the photo, did something unexpected. She mounted Flo, the brown duck.



This could mean only one of two things:
1. Vera is gay
2. Vera is a dude.

I am not actually ready to call her a dude yet, as we have had previous experience with lesbian ducks. It's true. Maverick and Ice Man were special friends and liked to express their love in the baby pool. They were both definitely girls. And definitely practicing the moves normally reserved for mating.

So we shall watch and wait and see. Recently Karl kind of picked Vera up as a replacement for Harpo (who is still on her nest - yay, Harpo) so I guess he is either setting himself up for major disappointment or things are about to become a whole lot more complicated at Mel's Diner.

Just because Vera may have a preference for females does not rule her out for future motherhood. We'll keep you updated as ducklings do or don't develop.

Edited to add: If it turns out Vera is a dude, I will be calling her/him Vera Wang. Heh.

4 comments:

Mommy, M.D. said...

oh my word, that is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

LOL that's so funny. Y'all sound crasy. I only live about 5 or 6 miles from Field Store on Riley Rd. I will have to visit when I figure out exactly where you are.

Anonymous said...

And no I can't spell crazy. Can't you tell I'm from the country!

Katherine Seger Weber said...

Laughing out loud at that post, and subsequent comments. Are gay animals allowed in Waller Co? KSW